Assistant, Claims Counsel (14-month contract)
Our Lawyers Insurance Fund department is seeking an Assistant on a 14-month contract, with a possibility of continued employment. This position is responsible for providing an intermediate to senior level of administrative support to Claims Counsel in their handling of malpractice claims against lawyers. Our ideal candidate has experience in a senior assistant role reporting to an executive, as well as experience in the insurance industry or a law office, with insurance industry experience preferred. We are looking for a self-starter with well-developed organizational, time-management and communication skills, who pays close attention to detail.
The duties of this position include:
- word processing and dicta typing for correspondence and reports to insured lawyers, external counsel and excess insurers, and organizing and filing documents;
- ensuring complete and accurate claims information in the database by entering reserves and other claim data, and reviewing files for accuracy;
- communicating independently with insured lawyers, external counsel and their staff, claimants and various service providers, including responding to requests for information.
- at least two years of post-secondary training, including administrative assistance training;
- complete proficiency in Word and Excel, training and experience in PowerPoint and familiarity with database structure;
- minimum of five years of administrative assistance experience.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for this competition is July 30, 2014. This position’s start date will be in the beginning of October. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information, contact Human Resources.
Working at the Law Society
Law Society staff, volunteers and Benchers (our board of governors) are committed to one common goal: protecting the public interest in the administration of justice by setting and enforcing standards of professional conduct for lawyers.
We are an organization that values diversity, equity and a shared sense of purpose. Our annual employee survey consistently reveals that the Law Society ranks much higher than other organizations in employee engagement, making us a very desirable place to work.
We seek high-performing individuals who enjoy challenging, and interesting work, a supportive team environment and a healthy work/life balance.