Staff Lawyer: Policy and Legal Services
July 18, 2007
The Law Society is seeking a lawyer to:
- provide professional staff support for one or more Law Society committees, including the Equity and Diversity Committee and its various subcommittees;
- liaise with and assist staff departments with policy development and equity matters;
- provide research and opinions on legal issues; and
- assist with strategic planning projects.
Preference will be given to members of the Law Society of BC, or those eligible for membership. The successful applicant will have work experience in several of the following:
- practice of law
- legal research
- public policy development
- strategic planning
- development of legislation and/or regulations
- regulation of professionals or similar regulatory activities
- government relations
Superior writing skills and excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required. Experience with Quicklaw, other electronic research products and Microsoft Word is also required. Some experience with equity and diversity issues in a policy development role or in support of community-related activities is preferred.
All interested applicants are encouraged to submit a resume and references no later than Friday, August 17, 2007 to:
The Human Resources Department
The Law Society of British Columbia
8th Floor - 845 Cambie Street
Vancouver BC V6B 4Z9
Fax: 604 443-5747
Mark your calendars for:
The 2007 Pacific Legal Technology Conference, Vancouver, BC
Wednesday, October 10, 2007.
A world class technology program focused on:
"Leadership, Technology and You"
Get what you need from those who know best. Top rated ABA Techshow speakers will join BC legal technology leaders to provide educational sessions on topics including:
- Making the most of your tech budget in 2008.
- What you need to know about podcasts, websites and Google.
- The advantages of using technology in typical cases.
- The ever popular "60 Technology Tips"
And more …