Inquiries about lawyers practising temporarily in BC

Anyone wishing to make enquiries about a lawyer from another province or territory who is providing legal services in BC can, as a first step, contact the Law Society.

Law societies in Canada that are signatories to the National Mobility Agreement have access to a national registry of lawyers and can respond to basic information requests about visiting lawyers from other provinces, including confirming the lawyer's name and his or her practice address, call date and insurance status.

For more detailed information, contact the lawyer’s home law society directly.