Call for expressions of interest in outside appointments
The Law Society is seeking volunteers for board appointments.
The Society appoints judges, Benchers and lawyers to the boards of more than 20 organizations. While a few of these bodies require the appointee to be a Bencher, most do not.
These appointments provide lawyers with opportunities to serve their communities and to demonstrate the ongoing commitment of the profession to public service. The society will make the following appointments in 2009:
- BC Law Institute, Board of Directors – one member of the Law Society;
- Continuing Legal Education Society of BC, Board of Directors – seven members of the Law Society: one from each of Cariboo, Westminster, Prince Rupert and Yale districts, and three from Vancouver district (all jointly appointed by the presidents of the Law Society and the CBA, BC Branch);
- Law Foundation of BC, Board of Governors – one judge or member of the Law Society from each of Cariboo, Westminster, Prince Rupert and Vancouver districts;
- Legal Services Society, Board of Directors – two members of the Law Society (appointed by the Benchers after consultation with the CBA, BC Branch);
- Pro Bono Law of BC, Board of Directors – two judges, members of the Law Society or members of the public;
- Vancouver International Airport Authority, Board of Directors – one member of the Law Society.
If you would like to be considered for any of these appointments, send confirmation of your interest with your curriculum vitae, by mail or email to:
Manager, Executive Support
Law Society of BC
845 Cambie Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 4Z9