Notices from the courts
The BC Court of Appeal has issued three notices:
1. In any civil case, counsel may prepare a Condensed Book, to assist the Court of Appeal during the oral hearing of the appeal.
2. In addition to the provisions set out in Form 10 of the Court of Appeal Rules (Civil), factums, including the electronic copy of the factum, filed in the Court of Appeal, must be printed in 12 point Arial typeface.
3. Factums in criminal appeals must comply with Criminal Appeal Rule 10 and Form 6. In addition to the provisions set out in Form 6, factums, including the electronic copy of the factum filed in the Court of Appeal, must be printed in 12 point Arial typeface and must not exceed 30 pages in length, unless a justice otherwise orders.
For more information, see the BC Court of Appeal’s website.
The Supreme Court of BC has issued two notices:
1. Effective April 1, all applications for desk taxations of trustees’ statement of receipts and disbursements under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act (BIA) must be made using documents prepared according to a template.
2. Commencing May 15, the Court will adopt a standard form of order for receivership orders made pursuant to the BIA and pursuant to s. 39 of the Law and Equity Act.
For more information, see the Supreme Court of BC’s website.