Notices from the courts
The Supreme Court of BC has issued four notices:
1. the court registry will no longer provide “office copies” of disclosure statements in estate administration matters;
2. amendments to Appendix B, Party and Party Costs Tariff came into effect on January 1, 2007, as a result of a review of the Rules Revision Committee;
3. effective March 1, 2007, a person applying under the Court Order Enforcement Act for a garnishing order before or after judgment must file a Requisition in Form 2;
4. effective April 1, 2007, all applications for desk taxations of trustees’ statements of receipts and disbursements under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act must be made using new documents.
For more information, see the Court’s website at courts.gov.bc.ca/sc.
The Provincial Court of BC has issued one practice direction:
1. when a matter has been scheduled for hearing and has not completed in the time provided, it will be scheduled to conclude within 30 days unless otherwise approved by the relevant Administrative Judge on advice of the local judicial case manager. See provincialcourt.bc.ca.